Monday, October 3, 2011

10 Habits of Highly Organized People

I am fairly certain that I had the messiest desk of any student in my grade throughout most of my elementary school days, and when I moved to high school, I'm pretty sure I had one of the messiest lockers. When my Mom would ask me to clean my room, I would just sit on my bed, not knowing where to begin. It was funny, because in all most other aspects of my life, I was kind of a perfectionist. So, when I read habit number two in this article, I could definitely relate.

In fact, it inspired me to go on a bit of a cleaning binge. On one August day, I loaded up my little white Kia Sportage and tried to purge a few unnecessary items.

I've definitely gotten better at organizing/decluttering since I've gotten older. I've found that finding charities that mean something to you can help with the process of donating. But, there are still a few things I could definitely work on:

1) Separating the emotion from the possession. Craig occasionally accuses me of being a hoarder. For several years, I held onto a pink flamingo dip bowl that my sister gave me. When I called her and asked her if she would feel bad if I donated it, she just giggled. I took that as a "no."

2) Never label anything miscellaneous.
Oops. This was a genuine attempt to declutter during the nesting days. 

3) Walk away from bargains. They're just so tempting, though. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment