Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baby's First Halloween

The crisp air the past few days has me in the mood for fall-- leaf pile photo ops, hot chocolate, and Baby's First Halloween. I was a pretty boring trick-or-treater. I'm pretty sure I went as a black cat several years in a row.


Here are a few of my favorite ideas for Liam so far:

I'm really into the lawn gnome idea. Unfortunately, it only comes in 12-18 months. I don't think our skinny little boy, who's currently in the 50th percentile for weight, will fit into a 12-18 month costume at six months old. I'm pretty sure I could buy a plaid shirt, use regular jeans, make the beard, and I found this awesome tutorial for making suspenders on Make It and Love It.  We'll see if I have the time and patience to learn how to sew suspenders.

I love this, but it's $45. I'm not really in the business of buying a $45 costume that he'll be able to wear one night. Again I'm pretty sure I could make this, but I'm not sure if I have the patience to sew all of those potatoes.

I love this owl costume, but Craig wasn't really sure about dressing our child in tights for his first Halloween. I'm pretty sure we could substitute with some sweats. I'm still a little concerned that this tutorial may be beyond my limited sewing ability, but it's still adorable.

When I told Craig about these ideas, he said, "Maybe we should dress him up as a pumpkin." I say bo-ring.

What do you think? Which one's your favorite? What was your baby's first Halloween costume?

2 comments:

  1. Love the owl. I am trying to decide between a few cute ones right now for Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a really cute hot dog costume that I'm sure you could make easily! just google it and I'm it will come up

    wm

    ReplyDelete