Friday, September 23, 2011

Blast from the Past: Story Time


This is one of my favorite pictures of me with my Great Grandpa John. I truly cherished the time I was able to spend with him. I loved to visit and listen to him tell stories.

We live more than four hours away from my family now, and it's tough to make that trip, especially when Craig's busy at work--I usually have to go alone. We do try to make time to talk on Skype and try to share pictures as often as possible.  I hope that Liam values the time that he gets to spend with his Grandparents as much as I enjoyed spending time with mine. 

We like to call my Dad the "baby whisperer." He can lull almost any baby to sleep.

I hope that he enjoys time spent riding in the tractor, rides a sled down ski lift hill at least once, gets the chance to splash around in the free swimming pool, and that he finds a turtle to race at the annual Fourth of July Turtle Races. But, most of all, I hope that he enjoys listening to his Grandparents' stories and learns to understand and appreciate how I grew up.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! This is so sweet. Makes me miss both my grandparents. Hope your having a nice Friday.

    ReplyDelete