Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkins, and jackets, and chili! Oh, my!

It was one of the most beautiful weekends we've experienced so far-- it's hard to believe we spent it at the Giant Pumpkin Festival, shopping for a fall jacket, and at a chili cookoff.

On Saturday, we went to the Giant Pumpkin Festival. The pumpkin weigh off started precisely in time for Liam's mid-morning nap. So, I took advantage and shopped around at the farmer's market and at a little antique/consignment shop that I love. (Is it a bad thing that the proprietor recognized me as soon as I walked in even though I haven't shopped there in over a year?) We made it back just in time to see the giant pumpkin get weighed--1,075 pounds! Apparently, it was a bad year for giant pumpkin growing. I certainly wouldn't have known the difference. I was pretty amazed with 1,075 pounds.

Poor kid--his hat's too small and his cheeks are red and swollen. Apparently teething is hard work (more on this tomorrow.)

Yep, this bad boy weighed in at 1,075 pounds.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I dreamed of having a little girl with whom I could enjoy mother-daughter shopping trips. Instead, I got a little boy who already hates shopping. But hey, it's good for the wallet. I got in and picked up these items for $13 in under a half-hour.


We finished off the weekend at the Buffalo Roundup Chili Cookoff and Arts Festival. Liam and I don't really like lines, so we didn't try out the chili, but we did squeeze in a few minutes with daddy and enjoyed walking around.

2 comments:

  1. Look at him. So stinkin cute with those pumpkins. I took your blog button on the blogs I love page. I got my site revamped. Take a look and tell me what you think:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK the jacket you bought and the hat he is wearing is darn cute. Love! New follower from the hop hope you can come by and visit my site.

    ReplyDelete