Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Week of Firsts

Several weeks ago, I started noticing that Liam was fussier than usual. He also started chewing on his hands, fingers, blankets, and pretty much anything else he could get his hands on. When I started mentioning the fact that I thought he might be teething to several people, including our doctor at Liam's four month check-up, they would tell me they thought he was still pretty young. So, I just resided myself to believing that Liam was just going to be fussier than he used to be, and that perhaps I had one of those babies who "just wanted attention." Last Tuesday night, I noticed two nubs on Liam's lower gum. I immediately called Craig. He told me that Liam had bitten his finger that morning, and he was pretty sure those nubs were teeth.

You can kind of catch a glimpse of the right tooth in this picture.
I had originally planned to wait until Liam was six months old to start solids, but I figure since he's getting teeth and since he's kind of a skinny mini, we would go ahead and try rice cereal for one meal a day. I'm not sure if it was the teething or just because it was something new, but he cried almost the entire time I attempted to feed him on Sunday.

"What the heck are you doing to me here, Mama?"
The gag reflex kind of got the best of him here.

This is after he attempted to take his bib off and smeared rice cereal all. over. his. face. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I'm a new follower. I love your blog! Liam is just a month or so older than my son, and it's so fun to see what he's up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. once the teeth come in - good luck! you might lose a finger!!

    wm

    ReplyDelete