Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Being in Love in Paris for the First Time After You've Had Three Double Espressos

Just after writing yesterday's post, I discovered the following video on TED. If you aren't familiar with TED already, you should definitely check it out. The videos are interesting, and the fact that they're usually less than 20 minutes long is great for my attention span. I can turn them on while I'm doing dishes or folding laundry or trying to make a meal, so it's great for my lifestyle.

In this video, Alison Gopnik talks about research on how babies think. It includes a really cute video of a four-year-old, and at the end she describes being a baby as being like "being in love in Paris for the first time after you've had three double espressos." I think this is such a great description. Sometimes, when I look at Liam, I'm a little envious. He's intrigued by so many things that I consider mundane -- things like changing the toilet paper roll, a bird flying over our heads, and typing on my laptop. It must be amazing to experience all of those things for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. i love TED! :) this one is a good find--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete