Friday, October 14, 2011

Give a Hoot (About Reading)

For some reason the crisp fall air caused me to get in the mood for a few owl books.

I picked up Owl Moon on our weekly library trip purely for nostalgia's sake. I remember sitting cross-legged on the carpet in my elementary school library as our school librarian read this book to us. I like that it's about father-son bonding time. Liam definitely loves his daddy time, so this was a good book for us.

Owl Babies is a cute little board book I picked up from Better World Books. This is such a sweet story about three owl babies who miss their mama while she's on her night flight. The pictures in this book are also beautiful. It's short and simple, so Liam was captivated the entire time we were reading it.

P.S. I have the best. sister. ever. She gave us this set, which included a daddy, mommy and baby owl. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment