Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's the Simple Things

When I first revealed that I was pregnant, I think a number of my friends were rightfully concerned. I truly care about kids. I wouldn't have become a teacher if I didn't, but there's a reason I teach high school. I never really was a touchy-feely, cuddly kind of person. Last year, a coworker asked me to tutor her third grade daughter. Then, one day, at the end of a tutoring session, the girl hugged me. I was completely shocked. As a result, I think some of my friends and family members were surprised by my parenting style.




I love spending time with Liam, cuddling on the couch on Saturday mornings, watching him gaze at his fingers or his toes. I love how excited he gets when I pick him up from daycare.  I love playing with him on the floor and singing silly songs.  I guess it's the simple things that make me love being a mom.

3 comments:

  1. (Stopping by from the Paper Mama's Linky...)

    Everything changes when you have kids. I had no idea how to talk to a 2 year old before I had one of my own (not to mention a newborn). Now, all I do is chatter with both of my kids. It's awesome. You seem like an awesome mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this time while it lasts! It will be gone before you know it. Some of my fondest memories are of rocking my babies, snuggling, and watching them sleep. We even used to sing and dance down the isle at the grocery store. :)

    ReplyDelete