Monday, October 17, 2011

One Year {and five days} Ago

I had planned to post this on the one-year anniversary of our first ultrasound, which I thought was on October 17. But, alas, when I pulled out the ultrasound pictures to scan, I discovered our first ultrasound was on October 12, and our second ultrasound was on January 17. Maybe, I'll get that post written in time.

This picture is my favorite. Liam was turning summersaults as she snapped this image. I know it's cliched, and I know it's been said before. But it was then that I knew I was in love. Up until this point, the only evidence suggesting that I was carrying a human being inside of me was a little morning sickness and some raging hormones. But, as I saw that little Lima Bean jumping around inside of me, I realized that I was carrying a living, breathing human being inside of me. Regardless of all of my fears, I couldn't be happier.

Today I have a five and a half-month old. He loves to swing, and he can sit on the couch all by himself.  Where has the time gone?


And he wears pretty cute shirts if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, he looks so big in that swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so amazing to watch them from the ultrasound picture to what he is today. I know I said it a million times, but he is ridicously cute!

    ReplyDelete