Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spooktacular Treats

One of my coworkers, whose baby is only 6 weeks older than Liam, brought her baby home from the hospital for the first time in nearly three weeks on Monday. It makes me feel grateful for the fact that I have a happy, healthy baby. Due to the medical expenses incurred during the stay in the hospital, we decided to host a bake sale at work today. I think I've blogged before about my lack of domestic skills, so I wanted to make sure that I found a treat that others would enjoy and that I could easily make.

I found this cute idea on PBS Kids.


Supplies
-Pretzel Rods (I used Snyder's, but any brand would work)
-Candy coating
-Edible marker in black

I picked up my candy coating and edible marker at Michael's. I thought the candy coating worked great, but the edible marker didn't work as well as I would have liked. It rubbed off easily and the writing wasn't as distinct as I would have liked.

Directions
1) Melt the candy coating. You can either use a double boiler or a microwave to do this.
2) Dip pretzels in melted candy coating. Use a spoon to spread evenly if necessary.
3) After the candy coating has hardened sufficiently, use an edible marker to draw ghost faces on the pretzels. 




This weekend, I'm linking up to the Fall Followers Fest. I can't wait to check out all of the fun fall ideas.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Yum! And how cute!!! I didn't know they made edible markers but that's way easier than frosting. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is seriously the best idea? Mind if I copy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try to make these! Liam's friends are all going to wish you were their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go! You are becoming quite the domestic diva:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should post a tutorial on instructables! http://www.instructables.com/contest/halloween2011food/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Cute blog! I'm a new follower from followfest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I found your blog through the Follower Fest going on at Casey's. I'm now a follower of your blog too. These are adorable, and they make me hungry! lol.

    Digger ~xoxo~
    www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete