Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where has time gone?

Monday's post got me feeling all nostalgic. As I was browsing through my old pictures, I found this picture of Liam at two weeks old. It was taken when I met up with a couple of the girls I had taught with on the Pine Ridge Reservation. They had brought him this beautiful Star Quilt. I can't believe how tiny he looked buried under that quilt.


Today, you'll find Liam rolling around and playing on his quilt. I can't believe how much he's changed.






On a related note, if you didn't watch Diane Sawyer's Children of the Plains episode on Friday night, it's available on the ABC Official Site. The episode was heartbreaking and made me grateful for all that I had while I was growing up, but it also filled me with hope. The town where I lived and taught has made so much progress in the three years since I left, and I can't wait to see how much the community continues to progress in the coming years.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for recommending that program. I am definitely going to check it out! I don't teach on/near a reservation, but I grew up near one in Wisconsin and many kids from that town attended the same high school as me. I've always been interested in Native American culture because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a. He is adorable. Those jeans are so cute. b. I will definately check it out. Thanks for opening our eyes to it.

    ReplyDelete