- All the Places to Love--My mom first bought this book because she thought the little boy and girl on the front cover reminded her of my younger brother and sister. This is such a beautiful story about a little boy who teaches his baby sister about all the places to love. Whether or not Liam grows up to have a baby sister, I hope that he, too, learns to cherish the place where he's grown up.
- Song and Dance Man-- I didn't have a grandfather who danced on a vaudeville stage. But, I did have a great-grandfather who shared stories about the "Dirty Thirties" and the Great Depression, and I always loved listening to his stories. Song and Dance Man was one of my favorite books as a kid for that reason. I can't wait until Liam's old enough for me to share this book with him, and I hope that he always cherishes the stories my grandparents tell him.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? -- From the time he was very young, Liam loved the bright images and rhythmical text of this book. When my five-year-old cousin realized that Liam has a Brown Bear, Brown Bear backpack, she started reciting the book from memory, which makes me realize that he'll love this book for many years.
- Llama Llama Red Pajama-- Liam loves the rhythmical text of the Llama Llama books. He'll giggle and get excited as I read them to him. I know Liam is going to love this book for many years.
- Boynton Books -- I couldn't choose just one Boynton book. From Snuggle Puppy
to Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs! to Pajama Time!, Liam loves them all.