Monday, November 7, 2011

Liam Got Mail {from the President}

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a post about requesting a letter from the President for your baby on one of my favorite mom blogs, Growing Up Geeky. I love politics-- I listen to NPR every morning on my way to work, worked on campaigns while I was in college, and interned on Capitol Hill one summer. Somehow, I missed the memo about being able to request a letter from the President for your child. I'm so glad Mama G was there to help me out.



It arrived this week and will go perfectly in Liam's copy of This is Your Book. This is seriously the best baby book ever. I didn't intend to have a baby book for Liam. I didn't register for one, and when nobody randomly gave me one, I wasn't disappointed. Craig's mom offered to make a scrapbook of Liam's first year if I send her pictures, and I kind of decided this blog would be the place where I would document Liam's activities.  I'm not really the type of person who's really great at documenting the exact date that my child first smiled, rolled over, or ate rice cereal. I am, however, the type of mother who enjoys documenting who the Secretary General of the United Nations was when Liam was born, so when I discovered This is Your Book, I couldn't help myself. I had to purchase it. I hope Liam enjoys looking back at the book, and if nothing else, it's been fun filling it out.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Can I still do it if Zane is 7 months already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it up until they're a year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, looks like you can make your blog into his official printed baby book someday if you want. http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

    ReplyDelete