Sunday, November 6, 2011

Steppin' Out: Mama Time

This was the first full weekend Craig's had off since before Liam was born, and I took full advantage. I took a day for myself to get a hair cut and new glasses. I've been going to my current stylist for five years now. I just can't bring myself to quit driving an hour to get my hair cut. I love Georgia -- she listens to good music, always knows how to cut my hair, and tolerates my fickle nature well. Last time I went to get my hair cut, she joked that she felt like we are always cutting my hair only for me to decide to grow it out again the following appointment. So true.

As far as my glasses are concerned, I love my glasses. However, they're more than two years old and are in serious disrepair. I desperately need a new pair, but I had a hard time finding a pair that would live up to these. 

Photobucket
The new glasses won't be in until Monday. I had to take the after picture with my contacts in. 

 

Photobucket





The Details:
Earrings: Target
Jacket: A Walk in the Woods (my favorite local store)
Scarf: A Walk in the Woods
Brooch: Thrifted
Purse: Thrifted
Jeans: Nine West Vintage America Jeans (Herberger's)
Flats: Target


I recently read an article about The Lipstick Index. When I'm having a rough week, my cheap thrill of choice is earrings (less than $15, of course). I bought three new pairs of earrings in October, if that says anything about the month I had. Here's hoping for a better November with a fresh hair cut and new specs.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you have snow on the ground! Yay for winter! And yay for taking time just for you, we mama's need that :)

    Love your jacket, very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for taking some time out :)
    I hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great. Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete