Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Found It {I Think}


I've felt a little like Goldilocks in my quest to find the perfect sippy cup. We tried soft spouts--too easy and no spills--too hard. I just wanted a sippy cup that worked just right.

With bottles, we got it right on the second try (Dr. Brown's), so I didn't really think it would be that difficult to find a sippy cup. I mean it's just a sippy cup, right? 

First, I tried the Nuby soft spout. Liam's drinks ended up all over his face, his onesies, and the floor. It just came out way too easily. Next, we checked out the Nuk no-spill sippy cups that I had gotten as a baby gift. It reminded me of the time we tried Breastflow bottles-- it was just too hard for Liam to get his water-juice combo. He would just get pissed and start chewing on the nipple.

I brought the issue up to Mae, who loaned me a couple of cups she had used with other kids at daycare-- the Nuk learner cup and the Nuby three-stage bottle. The design was different from the other two, but I experienced the same problems I had with the other Nuk and Nuby sippy cups I had tried.

Finally, I did what I probably should have done in the beginning--I turned to the Internet. After reading the reviews, I decided to try the Playtex First Sipster. Yes, the name is pretty ridiculous, but this cup has worked really well for us so far. It's easy for Liam to drink from this cup, and we haven't experienced any major spills. I liked it so much, I broke down and ordered two more last night. Let's hope it continues to work for us.

What about you? Did you have troubles finding the perfect sippy cup? Which one worked best for you?

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember the name right now, but we use the stainless steel one and have had no problems with it. Its really pricy though! I think its like $16 for one cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stainless steel ones- I will find out the brand. I haven't had much luck with too many. At Hayleys age, I just use the toss and throw ones- the plastic 5 pack ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously sippy cups are SO hard to find a good match!! We went through 3 or 4 before we found a fit. And even now it's still a struggle at times... but I'm kind of fed up buying more to just throw them away, haha. So I have the cheap toss and throw ones and it does the job I guess. Who knew babies would be so difficult ;)

    ReplyDelete