Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Random Ramblings: Christmas Edition

While the Southwest dealt with a winter storm, I did my Christmas shopping in 65-degree weather on Sunday, and it was glorious. I'm not even going to complain about the 30-degree high and chance of snow predicted for Wednesday. It could definitely be worse.

***

Craig insisted on stopping at Toys-R-Us to buy presents for my cousins. While most parents were dealing with their screaming three-year olds, I was dealing with Craig. "No, Craig, Liam does not need a $70 Optimus Prime. Yes, I know it's cool." He ended up picking up this little gem and dubbed himself "The Best Toy Buyer Ever."


***

I know I've been talking about the size of Liam's head a lot lately, but I honestly can't get over it. After Toys-R-Us, we stopped at Gymboree. We saw a hat that both Craig and I liked, but it was 12-18 months. When he tried it on, it fit perfectly. The poor kid swims in size 3 shoes and 6-12 month pants, but he needs a 12-18 month hat. Seriously?
***

As I was looking through my iPhoto pictures, I stumbled upon this picture. It made me smile. It was totally staged. I didn't make any of that food. Craig made it one Christmas (two years ago) when we were snowed in. That Christmas was the first year we lived in our current house, and I really loved spending Christmas with just the two of us. 



***

This boy is almost as serious about his singing as he is about his dancing.


4 comments:

  1. This kid has awesome expressions:) Also, no need to stage---I'm sure you could make a perfect turkey like a trained chef:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I feel you on the hat thing. Jim's always been 25th percentile height/weight and 85th percentile head size - my little bobblehead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to hold my husband back with christmas toy buying too. No, she does NOT need $59 Rock'n'Roll Elmo...seriously!!?!?!

    ReplyDelete