Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday's Top Five Laughs

5. I have some serious "Mommy Brain." I've always been a little absent minded, but I was never this bad. My latest exploits include: leaving a sweater at the dry cleaner for four weeks, rushing to the DMV to get my driver's license renewed 10 minutes before they quit accepting applications the night before my license expired, and forgetting my work keys at home and proceeding to lock a coworker's keys in my office. This led Craig to ask, "Amber, when did you become the biggest crack smoker ever?" Um, thanks for the support Craig.

4. I only had one pair of jeans that fit, so we stopped to get a couple of new pairs on the way home from my parents' house. Since we hadn't actually planned to go shopping, we didn't bring Liam's stroller. So, we had to rent one of those strollers from the mall. {Yeah, I know. Craig and I aren't usually germaphobes, but we definitely wiped it down and lined the seat with one of Liam's blankets.} It was shaped like a race car and had a steering wheel.  At one point I looked down, and he had one hand on the wheel and was looking around like, "Yeah, check me out in my Mall Racer." Too cute.

3. Liam's been kind of sick lately, and our doctor suggested that we start Nebulizing him. It's like the Nebulizer has become his favorite toy. One night, he was playing with the tube, so I pulled it away. His face got all red and he immediately started crying and screaming. Yep, that phase is starting. Awesome.

2. When we stopped to buy my jeans, I also picked up a little gray Champion fleece off a clearance rack at Target. Last night, when Craig went to put the jacket on him, he said, "Ooh, did your mom buy you a little girls jacket, Princess?" I apparently grabbed a little girls jacket. I figure I'm going to make him wear it anyway. Nobody's going to know the difference unless they try to zip it up. And Liam, if you're reading this in the future, I'm sorry if I scarred you for life.

1. Liam is kind of starting to outgrow his 6-9 month clothes, so we stopped to check out the clearance racks at The Children's Place to pick up some new 9-12 month clothes. While I was scouring the racks for polos and sweatshirts, Craig and Liam picked this out.
{source}

They were so proud of themselves, we obviously had to get it.


I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. How do you know the jacket is girls? I think I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women's clothes zip from the left side and men's zip from the right. To be honest, I had put it on him before and didn't catch it. I must not pay very close attention to those kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing girl! Check me out in my mall racer-lol:) Oh, that phase is not a phase- it continues and continues- just kidding:) I love when little kids get mad. I have to say it is cute:) Oh, Liam don't worry- we will probably wear girls clothes at some other point of your life too. Such funny laughs! I loved reading them. Thanks for linking up. Happy 2012

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from the New Year Hop! I'm a mom and teacher too! New follower via GFC!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one stinkin' cute shirt! I see why they were proud :)

    P.S. Come check out our first giveaway of a PMD

    ReplyDelete