Friday, January 27, 2012

Little Bits and Pieces

First of all, here are Liam's two latest jams, just in time for Valentine's Day. Thanks Craig for introducing our child to some really classy music.






January 27 by Amber on Grooveshark



Speaking of Valentine's Day, I'm getting Craig and Liam robot-themed presents.




Photobucket


I have to give my sister credit for the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot Idea. I was really jealous last year when she bought them for her fiance. The pajamas say "Nuts and Bolts Over Mom," and the book has working gears. I couldn't resist.

You might have noticed the missing post yesterday. Yeah, I spent my Wednesday night lounging on the couch with Liam, watching Top Chef, and we both fell asleep watching Andy Cohen. Top Chef is probably one of the classier reality TV shows that I watch. I started watching Season One during my senior year in college. I was a big fan of Harold Dieterle. This season, Paul's my favorite. What about you? Do you watch? Who's your favorite chef this season.

My recent culinary masterpiece is this sandwich.

Turkey, Tomato, Spicy Sprouts, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins on classy new dinnerware.

I don't know if this says much for my culinary talents.

I just ordered basil seeds for my AeroGarden. I'm thinking about learning how to transplant them so I can grow a little herb garden in my back yard this summer. I'm thinking about doing something like this:
{source}

or this

Anybody who's read this blog for awhile knows about my love of TED talks. Have you seen this one? So many things to think about.

You might also remember this post, where I talked about kicking my Diet Coke habit. Yeah, I totally fell off the wagon. But, I did find an amazing recipe for these brownies:


Is anybody else sad about Kodak? Right before the wedding, I thought it would be fun to buy black and white film and take some film pictures. When I asked the photo technician where the black and white film was, he said, "We haven't sold that for years." That made me sad. Now this. Let's be honest, I love the ease of digital photography, but I also loved that element of surprise with film. Usually, half the pictures were crap {at least in my case}-- poor lighting, out of focus, bad composition-- but it was always fun to find that old roll of film and take it in to see what you could find.

Craig spent this week tearing down the old walls in the room that's going to become Liam's. There will definitely be more on this in the near future, but here's a sneak peek.



Photobucket


Finally, here are my latest thrift store finds. I couldn't resist that little brown corduroy jacket and argyle sweater vest for a total of $2.25, and those frames will soon be refinished and added to Liam's new room.


7 comments:

  1. Hi! This is my first blog hop and I am so excited that I found your blog. I love the pots on the fence and think I'm going to have to do that and yes, I am a little sad about Kodak! My blog is at www.MarthaOnABudget.com I hope you get a chance to check it out. I'm a newbie and have no idea what I'm doing but it is fun so think I'll stick with it! I look forward to your next post! And any tips you want to throw my way...feel free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the blog hop -- what nice music! And how cute that you found jammies with "Nuts and Bolts Over Mom" on them. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi the sandwich loads yum and I really loved the little painted pots they looked so cute.
    Im a new follower from the blog hop
    Please come visit me anytime at all
    www.jollyjillys/blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sandwich looks absolutely amazing! I also love all of those herb garden ideas. I'm planning on planting a more elaborate one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love those planters, I love planters along a fence like that! I'm here from the SUnday BLog HOp, and I love your site! I will definitely be back!
    Kim
    http://www.mytwintasticlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are starting to plan our garden this year and I am SO excited to have fresh food again! It's not the same from a store! : )

    Also, I just fell off the diet coke wagon this week after not having one since Christmas! : (

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your garden! I need advice when I start to do it this year! And I love diet coke brownies- I actually make this often! Hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete