Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Year Ago: A Letter to Liam

Dear Liam,

One year ago we found out we were having a little boy. Your dad was so proud when the doctor confirmed what he and I both kind of knew all along.

 "Wow. That's a great femur," she said as she captured this shot.


As we left the appointment, we started talking about what we would name you, and that night your dad and I went out for dinner and to see The Fighter at the movie theater. When we got out of the movie your dad said, "What about Mickey?"

"Umm, no." I replied.

You're lucky to have me, kid.

We also stopped and picked up this awesome sleeper.



You looked pretty adorable wearing it at one day old. Liam, I know that by the time you're old enough to read this, you're going to be convinced that I'm the lamest mom ever, but you should know that I used to play a pretty mean Guitar Hero. (You're probably not going to know what Guitar Hero is by the time you're old enough to read this, but it's pretty awesome.)

You've grown up so quickly over the past eight and a half months. You love to be outside, even in the cold. You are so curious. You love your puppies and all things "grown-up"-- from your dad's cell phone to our remote.You love to play with your dad and me. I still can't get over your giggle. Your dad and I have been so blessed to have such a happy, healthy baby boy, and we can't wait to continue to watch you grow up. 

Love, 

Mom

2 comments:

  1. Awww so sweet!! Isn't it so much fun and such a blessing watching a little tiny human being grow over the months!! Happy 8.5 mths American Liam!!

    ReplyDelete