Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Song


So, my dad recently joined a community choir. He's actually pretty talented. My mom used to tell stories about how my dad was in the cast of two school musicals, Fiddler on the Roof and South Pacific, while she played in the pit band.

Over Christmas my dad asked if we were planning to have any music at our wedding. Craig and I both looked at each other. We really hadn't thought about having music. "Do you want to sing?" I asked. He agreed.

So, over the course of the next two weeks he and my grandma practiced their song. My grandma was a little nervous because we weren't able to get a tuned piano into the cabin where we had our wedding. They had to use a keyboard instead, and they obviously didn't have much time to practice.

When I asked her what song they were playing she said it was a song called "Love's Grown Deep." "It's not a religious song," she said, "but it's a nice song."

Honestly, it wouldn't have mattered what they sang or how good it sounded, what mattered was that it was my dad and my grandma. It meant so much to me that they were so willing to put that song together for us.

2 comments: