Friday, February 24, 2012

Liam is Not a Hipster and Other Weekend Laughs

I feel like every time I write a laugh post, I start it off by telling you guys that Liam and I were sick this week or I had a rough week at work. This week is no different. At the beginning of the week, Liam had pink eye, and at the end of the week, Liam and I were both a part of the red nose clan with our colds. It's true, though, looking back on the week and thinking about all of the funny things that happened does make me feel a little better.

5. This morning, before I left for work, I leaned over to give Liam a kiss. Craig looked at me and said, "Liam's mad at you."

"Why would he be mad at me?" I asked.

"Because you made him sick," he said.

It's true. I've been surrounded by sickies at work, and I'm pretty sure I drug it home with me. However, I'm also pretty sure that stomach flu I had a few weeks ago totally came from daycare. We're even now, so Liam has no reason to be mad at me.

4. Last weekend I gave Liam blueberries for the first time. He wasn't sure what to think of them and kind of puckered up when he put them in his mouth for the first time. "That's right, kid," Craig said. Then he turned to me and said, "Blueberries are an abomination, and you will not feed them to my child."

3. Liam got pink eye on Sunday. The doctor told me that there was a good chance that either Craig or I could get it and told me to keep the drops around just in case. On Monday morning, I woke up, and my eyes were feeling a little dry, so I asked Craig to look at them to see if they were getting red. He looked me in the eyes and said, "Do you want to know what I think you have?"

"What?" I aksed.

"Hy-po-chon-dri-a. Say it with me now. Hypochondria."

Thanks, Craig. And, for the record--he's probably right. I haven't gotten the pink eye yet. {{Fingers Crossed}}

2. Monday was also Craig's birthday. I handed him the sweater I bought him as he was getting ready. {Yes, I know I'm the lamest wife ever.} He said, "What's this?"

"It's your birthday present," I said.

"Is today Tuesday?" he asked.

"Umm, no it's Monday," I responded.

"But, Tuesday's my birthday," he said.

"Today's the 20th," I said. "Your birthday's on the 20th, right?"

"Oh. Okay," he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

I'm pretty sure the old age is getting to him. And my favorite part was when he put together an outfit consisting of brown, blue, and Kelly green. When he asked what I thought, I just giggled. "Whatever, I'll tell those b*tches it's my birthday," he said as he got ready to walk out the door wearing it.

1. My sister always makes fun of Craig for being a hipster. For the record, he's probably the furthest thing from a hipster, but he likes PBR and listens to Primus. Plus, it's really funny to see how defensive he gets when you call him a hipster. Last week, I was pretty excited about the sale at our local consignment store. They had two turntables. Since I'd already pretty much spent my limit, I decided to wait on the turntable, but I came home to brag to Craig about it, hoping he would tell me to go back and buy it. Instead, he just said, "Amber, our child is not a hipster. We are not getting him a turntable." Nothing like dashing my hopes, Craig.

8 comments:

  1. Aren't children funny? My four year old won't kiss me for little things, like when I don't give him his way, other times he is wanting to kiss me 20 times in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at this whole post. I actually read it twice because it was so funny! I love Craig and the birthday story. The old is getting to him, lol. I also love that he said what you have is hypochondria. I am the same exact way! The turntable-I say you do it:) very cute post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at this whole post. I actually read it twice because it was so funny! I love Craig and the birthday story. The old is getting to him, lol. I also love that he said what you have is hypochondria. I am the same exact way! The turntable-I say you do it:) very cute post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great laughs! I love your post! I am sorry to hear about the pink eye. Thats no fun. My hubby just had pink eye and some how little man and I didnt get it and I was so thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is hilarious! I hope you and Liam are feeling better though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog post :) I'm a new follower :)
    Follow me back if you like :) Have a great upcoming week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love #1! I can just see a baby hipster with his turn table...lol! P.S. My husband likes PBR too. Blech!!

    ReplyDelete