Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Love Story {Part Three}

With our wedding behind us and Valentine's Day around the corner, I'm taking a break from the usual "wordless" Wednesday posts to share Craig's and my love story. If you're interested, you can read part one and part two.

***

By May, I landed a job working in the education department at a youth treatment facility.  I had originally planned to stay one year until I was able to get accepted to law school, and Craig and his business partners put the restaurant on the market. However, the restaurant didn’t sell as quickly as we would have liked and I discovered that I wasn’t all that passionate about studying for the LSAT or a career in law.

There was, however, a little blue house in town that I was passionate about. I walked past it almost daily, trying to peek inside through the French doors. It had been on the market for a while, and while part of me thought it was irrational to buy it, another part of me thought I had to have it. That August, we finally decided to buy it. Two months later, Craig and his business partners got an offer they couldn’t refuse on the restaurant. 



By that time the former owner of the resort company where we used to work had moved on to managing a little hotel and restaurant in the coal fields of Wyoming, so Craig went to work for him for a few months before being offered a position with the management company that currently operates the lodge where we first met.   


A few months after that, we discovered we were having Liam. By that time it seemed a little arbitrary to get married—we owned a house together, we owned a car together, and we were having a baby. But for some reason I wanted to say those two words.

After nearly nine years of knowing each other and five years of seriously dating, we finally did it. We finally said, “I do.” As we were greeting all of the guests at our wedding on January 14, one of Craig’s friends, Steve, leaned in to give me a hug, and he said, “It’s about time.” I’m not sure if I could have said it better. 






4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little house! And a cute love story. But what would make it cuter is...MORE WEDDING PICTURES. Seriously, you're killing me here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two of you are such a fabulous couple! I was really inspired by yoour love story. :') God bless the both of you.

    college dating

    ReplyDelete