Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Our Love Story {Part Two}

With our wedding behind us and Valentine's Day around the corner, I'm taking a break from the usual "wordless" Wednesday posts to share Craig's and my love story. If you're interested, you can read part one here.

Two school years; an internship in Washington, D.C.; and a summer in Houston later, I found myself teaching about two hours away from the little town where Craig and I had met.


That’s not to say that we had grown completely apart. While I was still in college, I would occasionally stop in and see him on my way home to see my parents on long weekends and over the holidays, but we certainly weren’t seriously dating.

One weekend, out of frustration, I sent Craig an e-mail that said something to this effect:

“If we’re going to be together we need to be together. If not, I need to move on.”

Fast forward six months, and Craig and I were officially dating. I didn’t really have any plans for the months between my first and second year of teaching, so I called my mom and asked if I could move back home. She responded with a resounding “no.” So, Craig offered to let me come live with him. When I told my mom, she said, “When I told you that you couldn’t move back home, I didn’t mean you should just go live in sin.”{She may or may not have been kidding when she said this.}



Photobucket


The summer seemed to go really well, and in early August I moved back into my apartment in teacher housing in preparation for the coming school year.

On August 14, I got the phone call about my mom’s accident. I spent the following year alternating weekends between visiting my mom and visiting Craig, and I knew something had to change. So, a few weeks after Christmas vacation, I marched into our principal’s office and told him that I wouldn’t be returning the following school year. Honestly, I had no plan in mind for the following year other than moving in with Craig for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment