Sunday, March 25, 2012

His Father's Child

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the fact that I thought we had a little mini-me on our hands. Truth be told, Liam does look a lot of my features (especially the facial expressions), but there are oh so many ways that he is definitely his father's child.


  • He's a charmer (especially when he's in trouble). I caught him trying to get into the garbage can recently and said, "No, Liam." He crawled away and continued to play. He slowly inched his way back to the garbage can. When he noticed I was looking, he looked up with a little grin on his face like, "You're not going to yell at me are you mom?" 
  • He has selective hearing. This weekend we went to a barbeque with a few of our "parent" friends. One of the moms said, "Wow. Liam knows the word 'no'." "Some days," I responded. 
  • Craig used to greet Liam when he got home from work with a "Hey, Kid." Now Liam beats him to the punch and greets Craig with a resounding "Heyyyy." 
  • They both like to give me the "business."  
  • He's a goof ball. I have a tendency to take life a little too seriously some times. I'm lucky to have Craig and Liam in my life to keep me laughing. 

    4 comments:

    1. Oh they are the cutest, cheekiest, most clever little monkeys aren't they!! That is something my Liam would do too with a smile on his face to boot!! Great post Amber :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think men in general have selective hearing...

      ReplyDelete
    3. He is just too cute!! The video is precious!

      ReplyDelete