Friday, March 2, 2012

Little Bits and Pieces: One for the Books

"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child."

Unfortunately all of the pictures I had of me reading to Liam were really unflattering, so you're just going to have to enjoy a picture of Liam reading to himself.

In honor of Read Across America Day, I thought I would share a few of my favorite book-related links. 
My mom used to have a book of Dr. Seuss quotes. When I saw this site with 30 Dr. Seuss Quotes that Can Change Your Life, I couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic. 
 
Picture books about resourceful children? I like it. I'm definitely looking forward to reading One Cool Friend, Jeremy Draws a Monster, and The Monster Returns to Liam. 

And speaking of pictures, I was amazed by some of the shots captured by members of NPR's Back Seat Book Club.

I think we all know that Liam and I are big fans of music. I thought it was kind of fun to check out this blog post about music and literature.

I know this one isn't about books, but Liam is loving some Alexa Narvaez. Whenever I put it on, he gets really excited. I especially love it when he tries to "sing" along. 

What about you guys? Do you have any book (or music) recommendations for us?


 

6 comments:

  1. our favs right now are cowboy dreams and chicka chicka boom boom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. I think Liam would love Cowboy Dreams. We're definitely going to have to check it out. I love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, too.

      Delete
  2. Hayley favorite: Shopoholic
    Zane: anything with Elmo in it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopaholic. I love it. Liam's a pretty big fan of Elmo, too.

      Delete
  3. Ethan looooves the book "Chamilia" by Ethan Long. It's about a non-conformist chameleon. Other favorites right now include "Rockin' Babies" and "Burt And The Missing Mop Mix Up", the latter of which was mine when I was little.

    I loved your music about books link! That was really interesting.

    Speaking of, Bob Dylan is my favorite and his children's books are incredible. So, so, so beautiful! We read "Blowin' In The Wind" tonight at bedtime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great list. I'm definitely looking forward to checking out Rockin' Babies and the Bob Dylan books.

      Delete