Monday, March 19, 2012

Mother of the Year

Photobucket


Liam got his first of what I am sure will be many bruises this weekend. I was cleaning up after breakfast on Sunday, when I noticed Liam had pulled himself up using one of our kitchen stools. I was standing  a few feet from him. The thing is, I have the world's slowest reflexes, so by the time I reacted to the fact that Liam and the stool were crashing to the floor, it was too late.

After a few minutes of snuggling, Liam was back to his normal self, crawling around, chasing the dogs, so I think he's going to be okay. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he turns three and starts doing things like, eh, diving into the baby pool. (My little brother may have ended up with five stitches as a result of that incident.)

5 comments:

  1. So far, L has pulled a set of glass coasters down onto her head and bashed her forehead into a metal bar at the airport in front of a huge audience (for that one, I kept trying and trying to protect her head with my hand and she kept lunging away, so I feel slightly less responsible). I think the injuries come with the territory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel too bad. Our daughter fell off our bed when she was 18 months old, and the bruise on her head gave her a nasty black eye. And it was black FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, every night I find a new scratch on Leland from an unknown source.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think every mom qualifies for mother of year like this sometimes. :) Evie went down the slide at the park head first last week and ended up with a face full of sand. Definitely felt like a winner for that one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Poor guy! We went through a phase where Lilli came home with an accident report practically every day at daycare from exploring and pulling up on everything. From about 10 months - 18 months she was always a giant purple bruise in every family picture!

    ReplyDelete