Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

When I first found out I was pregnant, I dreamed of having a little girl who I could dress in cardigans and ballet flats.
{source}
But deep down, I always knew I was having a little boy. Things like wrestling and roughhousing and buying toy cars are entirely new to me. I'm totally out of my element.

On Sunday, Liam and I went to a baby shower. One of my former coworkers is having a little girl. While I resisted the urge to order all of those cute little headbands from Etsy, I definitely loaded her up with all things pink. On the way to the shower, though, I stopped to pick up a Diet Coke at the gas station. When I checked out, the lady working at the cash register said, "Wow. Look at those eyes. How sweet." Liam leaned his head into my shoulder as if to say, "Yeah, I am pretty sweet." It made me realize how lucky I am to have been blessed with such an amazing little boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment