Thursday, March 1, 2012

Things I Don't Want To Forget

Yesterday one of my coworkers asked me about Liam. When I said, "He's going to be 10 months old tomorrow," she exclaimed, "Already!" It wasn't the first time I'd heard or thought that. Last week, the subject line on my Parents.com Ages and Stages Newsletter was, "43 Weeks: Plan the Best First Birthday." I was so not ready for that. It was like a shot to the heart-- in two months I'm going to have a toddler. In an effort to remember the little things about Liam, I made a list of the things I don't want to forget:

+
all of our bath time fun


+
that post-bath baby smell

+
playing Earthquake

+
the baby giggles that ensue when we play Earthquake

+
that look of excitement when I pick him up from daycare

+
that same look of excitement when Craig comes home from work

+
the Tickle Monster

+
the baby giggles that ensue when the Tickle Monster comes

+
that sweet smile when he wakes up

+
cuddle time



2 comments:

  1. Awwww! I was just planning Ethan's first birthday for June and then had to stop in my tracks and realize...wow. I'm not ready for him to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I feel this way- I won't to remember everything. I can't believe Zane is going to be 1 this month!

    ReplyDelete