Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Aftermath

The first time I tried finger painting with Liam, he was so careful, so unsure. I was a little worried about trying it again, thinking maybe he'd just be the type of baby who wasn't all that into finger painting. Well, I was wrong.

This weekend I decided to try flour, water, and food coloring finger paint. Liam crawled right in. We ended up with more paint on the sheet that I had spread out on the kitchen floor and on Liam than we had on the paper. Honestly it was everywhere-- his diaper, his legs, his arms, his face, his ears, his hair.

When all was said and done, I put him in the bath to clean up. The cleanup had only begun, and he was not a happy camper.


7 comments:

  1. I haven't even considered finger painting yet -- you are brave, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery loves to paint, mostly on herself. She paints a few pages and then basically covers her body in paint. She still does it even though she's been painting for a couple years now. : ) SO. MESSY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking how I should try finger painted with L, I am just not looking forward to the clean-up. I have try this outside sometime, to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very brave! That is a project I could only handle outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One brave momma- I haven't attempted it with any kids yet. I should though- you motivated me!

    ReplyDelete