Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wind Gusts and Bee Stings

I have the worst luck with do-it-yourself photo shoots. Last weekend was beautiful. Liam and I woke up bright and early on Saturday, the sun was shining, and we were ready to get outside. I headed out, planning to go to the library, but we got there only to discover that it didn't open for another hour. So, we wandered around town soaking up the sun. As I passed the flower shop, it occurred to me that I had been wanting to take a few pictures of Liam for his first birthday party invitations, so I decided to stop in and see what they had.

We picked up five balloons, and I decided to take Liam out to the lake just outside of town to take a few pictures. I had these visions of Liam looking all cute and in awe of the balloons with the lake in the background. Well, it turns out it was a bit too breezy for cute balloon pictures with a lake in the background. Boom. Within seconds of tying the balloons onto Liam's wrist one of the balloons popped, so I turned Liam a different direction only to realize the parking lot was in the background and another balloon popped. I finally just gave up and took Liam home for a nap.

poor kid looks like he's about ready to blow away
I wasn't quite ready to let my balloons go to waste, so I decided to give it one more chance on Sunday. I tried a different approach--the city park. This way we'd have trees and picnic shelters to shade us from the wind. Another popped balloon, a flyaway, and a bee sting later (at least the bee got me and not Liam), I think this is the closest we're going to get to a cute balloon shot.


5 comments:

  1. OMG, that first photo is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you created great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand exactly what you mean!! your pictures are great!!
    I am your newest follower from Mellisas..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pictures!. Boo on the bee sting:( He had fun with the balloons:)

    ReplyDelete