Monday, May 21, 2012

imagination as big & open as our skies

I need to give a shout out to my sister, who is the coolest 20-year-old ever. She may have spent her birthday hanging out with Liam and me at the South Dakota Children's Museum. When we pulled up, we both wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. There were kids running all over the place and a couple of buses outside. I should have known the place would be packed on a Friday during the last week of school.


A boy in one of the elementary school-aged groups, whose name was Liam, must have kept wandering away. The mother who was supposed to be chaperoning them said, "Where's Liam?" Liam looked around like "here I am." When I finally saw the older Liam, I got a glimpse of my future--blonde hair, glasses, and a Star Wars shirt.

Fortunately, by the time we finished eating lunch with my college roommate, the place had pretty much cleared out. I was a little worried that there wouldn't be many exhibits for Liam, but he really loved the place. I think his favorite part was pulling the pegs out of the giant Lite Brite. The garden and water exhibits were also a lot of fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment