Tuesday, May 1, 2012

One Year Old

*There are no pictures to go along with this post because the kid is too quick to get caught on camera these days. 

Dear Liam,

One year ago today I found myself caught up in the whirlwind that is motherhoood for the first time. You came into this world pretty quickly, and you still haven't slowed down. 

You aren't quite a toddler yet, which surprises me considering how easily you pull yourself up and around and crawl so quickly from room to room. Take your time, though, Liam. Your mama was an early walker, and she's probably the most uncoordinated person you'll ever meet. 

You have learned so many new things this month-- you clap, wave, and do "soo big" when I ask you how big you are. You have an ever expanding vocabulary. You say "mama" and "dada." You say "nana" when you're hungry and say "d-d-d-" when you hear the dogs barking. You occasionally greet your daddy with "heyy." You are Mr. Personality these days, too. Not only do you dazzle the ladies, but I caught a little old man waving at you at the store the other day. So sweet. 

You still love music. Last night I put on some music before bed, and you clapped along with the beat, danced around, and threw yourself on the bed. I hope you never lose that love. 

Liam, it's so hard for me to put into words how lucky I am to have you. You've changed me. You've made me a better person, and for that I am forever grateful. 


Love, 


Mom
 

5 comments:

  1. What a milestone day! Congrats, mama, on making it through the first year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to the little one. Mine is 4 months old and the time seems to be FLYING by! Each day is more fun that the last.

    I found you through the May Day blog hop and am looking forward to following along!

    xox,
    Dana @ five30three.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a beautiful letter to Liam!
    Happy 1st Birthday to your little man xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate how fast they grow! Thanks for your nice comment...now following back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love writing my girls love letters! So sweet!

    Found you thru the May Day Fest! Looking forward to following your adventures!

    Kristine from TheFoleyFam - Unedited

    ReplyDelete