Thursday, May 31, 2012

water beads {as narrated by Liam}

Last weekend mom and I were going to set up the new water table we bought with my birthday monies, but alas, it was way too cold and way too windy. Then, on Sunday, when we were checking out the sales at one of mom's favorite stores, she spotted some water beads. "Water beads!" she said, "I've been wanting to try those." So we went home, dumped them in some water, and watched them grow.

The next morning, Mom put them in a tub for me to play with. First, she showed me how to scoop them up and dump them in her vegetable steamer. She said it was okay if we used her steamer since she doesn't cook much anyway.


Then, she dumped a whole bunch in a big tub and tried to make me stand in them. I let her know in no uncertain terms that I was not interested in doing that.


So we took it easy, trying one foot at a time.


Oh man, you guys, those beads looked delicious, too. I kept trying to sneak them into my mouth, but my sneakiness skills leave something to be desired. Mom kept catching me and making me throw them back into the tub.  Oh well. It was a good day.And I cant wait to break out that water table when it gets warmer.

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully it will get warmer soon! Evie loves her water table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of water beads!

    Our daughter has had a water table for a few years, and she still plays with it all the time! I'm sure he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw- so cute!!! We whipped out the water table today and I thought of you, as Zane ripped off his thousand hat of the day. Why can't we have a kid who likes hats like Liam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome we got ours out, too. So much fun. And Liam definitely has his days with the hat, too. Only a year old and so much attitude already.

      Delete