Monday, May 14, 2012

Yard Sale Season

As I was packing up a few of Liam's 12 month clothes, I realized that I have way more baby clothes than I will ever need, even if I do have another little boy, so I decided to have a little yard sale. I had originally planned it for last weekend, but the weather was terrible, so I decided to postpone it. On Thursday, I checked the weather, and it looked like we were going to have a beautiful weekend, so I put up an ad on Craigslist, and I woke up early Saturday morning to hang a few signs around town.


Liam's only job was to sit in the yard and look cute to attract the people. It was a good thing, too. One older guy said, "Now, I didn't see you in the newspaper." I guess I'm not on top of things enough to get my yard sale in the newspaper.


You know who frequents yard sales-- old people in search of kitschy shit (and me apparently). So, yeah, the baby stuff wasn't a very big seller. The I Love Lucy Barbie, the Grand Funk Railroad record clock, and anything with a pink flamingo-- all gone.

One lady said, "My grandson is already a lot bigger than he is." Then she looked over at Liam, and turned to me and asked, "Is he walking?"

"Not yet," I said. "Soon, though."

"Oh, well, my grandson is all over the place."

Just when I was ready to say, "Okay, you can leave now," she said, "He's cute, though, and look at all of those teeth."

That's right. He may be little. He may not be walking yet. But he's cute, and he's got a lot of teeth. Thankyouverymuch.

In the end, it wasn't all that stressful, we walked away with a few dollars in our pockets, and we celebrated by eating some frozen yogurt downtown, so it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment