Thursday, June 21, 2012

Prairie Pickers

Last weekend, my sister and I passed a little antique store that was going out of business. I've been hunting for some chairs to redo, so we decided to stop by and check it out. We had picked up one item here, another item there, when the owner walked through and said, "Load it up, we're charging $10 for a truck load."

It was then that I got a little carried away. When we took our items inside to pay, I was starting to feel a little guilty because I was sure that I alone had more than $200 in items based on the ticket price, and Michaela and I had been throwing our stuff together. "How much do we owe you?" I asked.



These pictures just show the stuff I got. Michaela got another suit case and a few other items of her own.


"What do you think is fair?" she said.

"Well...uh..." I said.

"How does $15 sound?" she said.

Michaela and I looked at each other in amazement, shelled out the cash, and headed out to the car.

"We're like American Pickers," I said, "bundling and saving."

"Yeah," she said, "we're prairie pickers." 


*Yes, I know I said I was going to quit spending money on crap, but I'm chalking this one up to paying for the experience.

1 comment: