Friday, June 22, 2012

Things Are Looking Up + Some Links

Life has been pretty crazy lately. Between the piles of unwashed laundry, work (we go to school year-round), Craig working pretty ridiculous hours, and an online book discussion for graduate credit (Seriously. It was only one credit. I don't know why I was so stressed out.), I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed. Things are looking up, though. On Wednesday night, I submitted my last few comments for the book discussion, Michaela came over to babysit (best.sister.ever.), and Craig and I headed to the Elks Theater for a $4 showing of The Hunger Games.


In other exciting news, I was putting together some information for end of the fiscal year reports and realized that the number of graduates and GED recipients jumped significantly this year (and the overall average score for GED recipients jumped by 15 points over last year). I'm pretty proud of those kids.



Now, for some links:

+I can totally relate to this post and this post from Courtney.

+I'm looking forward to reading one of the books from Rory's Book Club for our next book club pick (even though I haven't finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn yet--I may have to break  down and get the audio book). 

+ I keep a few of these pouches on hand for shopping trips or road trips, and I'm not going to lie, I broke down and fed one to Liam for dinner once or twice the past few weeks. Frozen chicken strips have also become a staple around here this summer. I totally didn't want to be that mom. 

+I'm loving Bethany's summer sensory activities.  I think we might have to try a couple of these this summer.

+So many flashbacks from this list.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful summer weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking my posts! I can't wait to see what you do with your kids for sensory fun :)

    $4 for Hunger Games? That's a deal! What did you think of it?

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rely way, way too much on those pouches. My excuse is twofold: first, Lorelei only has two teeth (front bottom) so though she needs to be eating a variety of food she can't handle biting into a lot of it and gets really frustrated, so the pouches help. Second, it's an easy way to get some iron into her if I make sure to pick and choose pouches that have spinach in there.

    Thanks for the shoutout(s). p.s. Did you get something from me in the mail? Or did someone else in your town luck into a weird package they weren't expecting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great links! I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great links! I love those sensory activities! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete