Wednesday, July 25, 2012

For the Love of Grandparents


I was fortunate enough to have been born with 13 grandparents -- my maternal and paternal grandparents, their parents, and one great great grandma. While Liam only has nine grandparents, he should consider himself lucky.

When I went to the wedding of a very dear friend in southern Illinois a few weeks ago, my dad volunteered to watch Liam, and when harvest started and he wasn't able to watch Liam while I attended some professional development the following week, both of my grandmas took a day and made sure Liam was well taken care of. While we don't get to see Craig's parents often, we send them photos, and his mom sends us finished scrapbook pages in return.

While I was home over the 4th of July, my Grandpa Jerry gave Liam a desk he had played with as a child. (I'm fairly certain that I had to have played with it at some point in time, too, because I found some old New Kids on the Block books inside.)



I really love the desk, and I'm certain that we'll cherish it for many years to come.

Finally, I can't say enough about my parents. Their love and support made me the parent I am today, and for that, I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment