Friday, July 6, 2012

For the Love of Math

My friend Jenny is one of the world's greatest regifters, so when we arrived for her wedding last weekend, I was pretty excited for the regifted presents that were waiting for us.  When I pulled out these flash cards, I had to laugh.


Sometimes in my rush to promote literacy and reading, I forget how important number sense and reasoning skills are to his development, so I set out to find some math activities for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and older kids. Here are a few of my favorites:

-We often think about bedtime stories. What about bedtime math? (I first saw this on Modern Parents Messy Kids.)

-Some of these activities seem so simple and easy, yet I don't think I would have thought about most of them without this site.

-A number safari seems like a great way to keep Liam occupied in the car once he's older.

-I can't wait until Liam's old enough to try guitar string math

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! I hate math and I am horrible at it. I hope Evie has an easier time and learns to love it!

    ReplyDelete