Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July Fun

The fourth of July also happens to be my mom's birthday, so it's an extra special holiday around our house. We started out our afternoon with a trip to the local parade. As we walked along the parade route, looking for a place to stand, a Shriner handed Liam this pinwheel which kept him entertained for awhile.



Whenever I go to my bank, one of my favorite bankers always offers Liam a sucker. Whenever I tell her that he's still a little too young, she says, "Oh, you're one of those moms." I figured there was no better time than the fourth of July to break down and let him try a Tootsie Pop. We never found out how many licks it takes to get to the center, though-- Liam threw it on the ground once he was good and sticky.



Turtle racing was a pretty big deal when I was growing up. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a procrastinator and didn't actually attempt to look for a turtle until Tuesday night. It turns out the pickings for turtles were pretty slim this year, so we missed out. We decided to go watch my cousins race, though.







We ended the night with a picnic in the park and fireworks.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great 4th!! Isn't it amazing how sticky a kid can get just from eating a sucker??? lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great 4th! Someone gave Ethan a similar pinwheel the other day at the mall and he's obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally "one of those moms" -- about waaaaay more things than suckers. Like how Lorelei was in bed asleep at her normal time last night even though it meant we had to miss out on fireworks for the second year in a row. Sigh. Do I need to loosen up? Do polar bears play in the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Looks like you all had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay to be one of those moms, I'm one of them too. Though we're going to take dum dums with us on our flight to NC in September.

    Stephanie @ My Messmerized Life

    ReplyDelete