Monday, August 20, 2012

Right.

circa 2010
When we bought the house in August 2009, one of the little details that I loved was the two trees in the back yard, planted just far enough apart to hang a hammock. For nearly a year, I begged Craig to buy me a hammock. Each summer, we hang it up, dreaming of lazy Saturdays spent laying in the hammock reading books. Sadly, it doesn't get used nearly enough.

Last week, I wasn't feeling well, Craig was working late, and Liam was feeling extra crabby. I decided to take Liam out to the back yard and lay in the hammock for awhile. Curious, Gus and Ollie came to lay underneath us. Ollie would stick his nose through the holes, and Liam would stick his fingers back through, waiting for Ollie to lick them. It was just a boy, his mama, and their two dogs, and all was right with the world.

5 comments:

  1. Totally jealous of your little special space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet moment to come out of an otherwise difficult afternoon. Also, I don't think I knew your dogs were named Gus and Ollie - cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ladies! I am going to have to remember to try things like this more often.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! :) Taking grumpy babies outside always seems to cheer them up for a while; it's a trick I forget about most of the time! Glad you had some special time with your sweet little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story. Outdoor time is the greatest.

      Delete