Monday, September 10, 2012

A Little Ode To Liam's Favorite {Unconventional} Toys

Here's a little {poorly written} ode to a few of Liam's favorite unconventional toys and activities:

When you hear the dogs a scramblin' 
With a giggle right behind them--
It was Liam.
(Chasing them up the stairs!)

When it's finally getting cooler
But house is still sweltering--
It was Liam.
(Turning the baseboard heater on!)

When you walk into a room
To find your movies have been scattered--
It was Liam.
(Family Guy is his favorite!)

When you're doing a load of laundry
And you find a little treasure--
It was Liam.
(I don't know if you guys know this, but piles of dirty laundry are good for two things--practicing your diving skillz and hiding stuff!)

If you're looking for a few {more legitimate} posts on unconventional toys, be sure to check out Melissa's Toddle Along Tuesday Link-Up.

10 comments:

  1. Ugh the scattering movies! We had to move our DVD towers into another room (that we shut the door to) because Carina pull them out so much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely use more closet space for times like these :).

      Delete
  2. My little one loves laundry too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! My son loves to play in the laundry too! He likes to dive into clean clothes, though. I guess I should probably get to folding the pile of laundry then, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracks me up - it's so, so true at our house, too. Too bad UNfolding laundry isn't a task I need help with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I always love the little "uh oh," as if he didn't deliberately pick up that shirt and completely unfold it.

      Delete
  5. The DVD cases. What is up with that! Saturday morning as I was sitting on the couch enjoying my coffee (with real cream btw) Evie saw fit to bring me our copy of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Really? I'm not even awake yet and now I have self-esteem issues for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! This is so cute. I remember when Avery use to spread our movies and books all over the living room. She thought that was the BEST game. I actually use to alphabetize books and movies until then...I never have since. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do that with movies, but I did have my books organized by genre until recently-- not anymore.

      Delete