Monday, September 17, 2012

In Which I Become The Most Boring Mom Ever


Do you guys remember Liam's owl costume from last year? Those were different days. Days when Liam took multiple naps. This year I was sure I would do something similar--I need to use all of my creative ideas before Liam decides it's not cool anymore. I was almost certain I would make this fox mask, and dress him up as The Fantastic Mr. Fox. (If you haven't seen that movie yet, you definitely should.) Sadly, I just haven't been feeling all that crafty lately, and I'm pretty sure getting Liam to wear that mask will be a feat. I also briefly considered having him dress up as Davy Crockett, but his coonskin cap never stays on for more than a few seconds.

So, on Friday night, as I was searching for a few things on Amazon, I stumbled upon a Batman cape. As I clicked the button to purchase it, I realized I'm becoming the most boring mom ever. Not only am I buying a costume for my kid, but I'm sure there will be 19 other Batmans wandering around town on Halloween night. (But hey, he'll be a cute Batman, right?)

9 comments:

  1. Evie is going to be a dinosaur this year. so creative, right? I'll be ordering that shizz off of amazon too. And yes he will be an adorable batman (probably the cutest one out there!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see Evie in her dinosaur costume!

      Delete
  2. Ethan was The Fonz last year and I'm feeling a lot of pressure to top that, haha. Something tells me even if there are 1,000 other Batmans (and yours will be the cutest anyway, DUH!), you will make this Halloween the most fun yet! A boring mom, you are not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fonz! That's pretty awesome. Whatever you come up with this year, I'm sure it will be great!

      Delete
  3. Batman is always a good choice! I told Avery I would make her a Wendy costume this year (from Peter Pan), and I'm totally not feeling it right now. Luckily I have a few more weeks to get into the Halloween spirit. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get down on yourself. This year and last year I didn't even really decide what Leland was going to be, instead I just used hand me down costumes I had been given. Now that is lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of inexpensive costumes. I'm all for the hand-me-downs.

      Delete
  5. Yes, yes, and yes! First of all, Batman is awesome. Second, I couldn't even handle doing a costume for Lorelei last year, so I'm amazed at what you accomplished. Third, my husband insists that L is going to be a corn on the cob -- and then leaves me with the task of figuring out HOW, not to mention making it. [sigh] p.s. The Fantastic Mr. Fox is, in fact, pretty fantastic. And there's always next year. Maybe you can start working on it really, really early?

    ReplyDelete