Saturday, November 24, 2012

How We Celebrate Black Friday

How we spent our Black Friday:

+staying up late to finish books

+being goofy

+enjoying pumpkin brownies and pumpkin frozen yogurt before all things peppermint become the craze

+adding some much needed color to the Christmas tree thanks to Leah's homemade ornament exchange

+enjoying ribbon candy (also thanks to the ornament exchange)

+hauling Christmas decor around in the dump truck (Also, I keep forgetting that I have a toddler now. Shatterproof ornaments are on the to buy list  come December 26th, if not sooner.)

+enjoying Christmas music (A few of our favorites can be found here, here, and here. Liam loves Whitney. Who knew? I was reminded of this video as he was singing along--he still does the serious face when he sings.)

5 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about the ornament danger, too - apparently I need to get some new stuff. And we've been stuffing our faces with pumpkin before it goes out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great Black Friday! Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad we aren't the only ones who spend Black Friday at home! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exactly is ribbon candy?
    Sounds like a great way to spend the day if you ask me...hope you guys are all well and getting ready for the festive season. Liam will have so much fun this year :) He is just adorable Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerry!

      Here's a link to the Wikipedia page for ribbon candy:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_candy

      I had no idea that it was mostly sold in North America.

      Delete