Tuesday, November 27, 2012

what do you do with your mama time?

a post-stylist trip shot circa 2008 (by my best guesstimate. also, i feel a bit vain knowing this is still on my computer.)


A few years ago, my friends and I had a running joke that I was the girliest of the Kyle Girls since I got my hair cut by a stylist. To say that I am a girly girl is a bit of a stretch. In fact, I would say that I was just the least trustworthy to cut my own hair. I did like those stylist trips, though-- it was always pretty fun to see my hair curled and looking like it should.

By my best guess, it's been at least six or seven months since my last trip to the stylist. That's right. Me, the girl who used to get her hair cut every eight weeks, has not gotten her hair cut in half a year. I've begun to feel a bit like Miss Frizzle (minus the cool outfits), throwing my hair in a disheveled bun before rushing to work.

For the next three days, Craig is going to be on a work trip, making my morning routine even more rushed. Fortunately, he's offered to spend Saturday with Liam so I can get my hair cut. Honestly, I'm getting a little giddy thinking about it -- strolling through a few of my favorite shops before getting all of those split ends trimmed. I might even squeeze in a solo Target trip afterward. Pretty dreamy, right?

What about you? What do you do with your (rare) mama time?

4 comments:

  1. You're right, that sounds dreamy! My hair's gone since August with no trims, but that's a huge improvement over the stretch of time before that Aug. cut. When I've got mama time, I like to craft or window shop, and sometimes head to our new local Starbucks...especially this season since there's Christmas music in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beee-utiful hair, Ms. Amber. Your choice of how to spend your "mama time" sounds just right to me! Though I prefer to call it "me time," when I'm not a mama or wife or anything else but just on my own, since that happens only once in a blue moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the idea of calling it "me time."

      Delete