Saturday, December 29, 2012

the golden years + why i have the best sister ever

The Golden Years by Amber on Grooveshark

It's my golden birthday today. 28 was pretty great (cheesy, I know). It's going to be tough to beat. So far today, Liam sat still for approximately 20 minutes of Dinosaur Train so I could sleep a little bit later, he read No, David! to me (something he's getting really good at--"No! No! Shhh!"), and he's currently being a rock star playing his guitar.

On Tuesday, my sister gave me most of my gift-- a list of five reasons why I'm her favorite sister (I'm her only sister) and little gifts to go with each, including some old photos that nearly blew away during a gas station stop in Cactus Flat on the way home but were saved by Craig's valiant efforts, a CD, a cool "Grandma necklace", a book she'd pilfered off my bookshelf (that I'm fairly certain once belonged to a friend of mine), and I'll be getting a crocheted blanket in the near future. The little note is laying on my jewelry box and it has brought a smile to my face all week. I'm pretty lucky to have such an awesome sister.


7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! My golden birthday happened at age 4. You are lucky to celebrate as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking about that the other day. Liam had his golden birthday this year--one on the first. It's kind of sad that it's not something he'll be able to look forward to.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! My golden birthday will also be at age 29!
    I think No David! is such a cute book. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Craig has decided that No David is kind of like a horror movie. Liam approaches it with equal parts fear and eagerness to read it.

      Delete
  3. Well happy late birthday! My golden birthday will be next year! I'll be 31 on the 31st! PS Your sister sounds too sweet.

    ReplyDelete