Monday, January 14, 2013

scenes from a weekend

This weekend was pretty great. On Saturday night, we ventured out into the snow for a little anniversary date night. Craig lost his wedding band in the snow on Friday night, but I love him anyway. We both agreed that we thought I would have been the first to lose my ring.

We got the biggest plate of mussels for an appetizer and enjoyed a pretty amazing meal. When it came time to pay, our waitress told us that Craig's boss had taken care of the ticket. Craig texted him to thank him, and he told him to go buy himself a new ring with the money he would have spent. Some day, I am going to pay all of these good deeds forward, but in the meantime I'm pretty thankful for all of the amazing people we've got in our lives.
Sunday was spent doing some work on Liam's room and playing "Nomas" (Thomas). One of our friends gifted their older boys' train set to us for Christmas and putting them all together has been one of Liam's favorite activities since. I don't know the names of all of engines and neither does Liam, so we've just settled on calling them all Nomas.

It's weekends like these that make me thankful to have these two in my life.

P.S. For the past few months, I've been putting away a few dollars here and there for a new camera. I'm hoping to have enough by the end of next month. In the meantime, I apologize for the poor photo quality.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the ring, but it sounds like a pretty great weekend anyway! Wishing you guys a happy (late) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that this happened to you AGAIN. (Not the ring part - the pay it forward part).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It kind of restores your faith in humanity. (That was a little melodramatic, but it does serve as a reminder that there are so many more good people out there than there are bad.)

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the ring -- but yay for a great dinner and how cool is it that your hubby's boss paid for it! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darwin loves Thomas too! He doesn't watch the show but he knows the song and the characters from his books. Playing trains is one of his favorite things.

    ReplyDelete