Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Valentine's Gift for Dad


A few weeks ago, as I was trying to decide what to get Craig for Valentine's Day, it occurred to me that photo mats have the same texture as water color paper, and since I'd been wanting to try water coloring with Liam, I decided to try to make a photo mat for Craig.


Liam was pretty excited about the project and loved splashing water around on the mat, and I was pretty excited about the end result. We matted one of the photos we had taken this fall, I bought the mat at Hobby Lobby for less than $2, and used a frame I had picked up on clearance at Target. I was a little worried about curling, and the mat did curl a little bit, but once I framed it, it was hard to tell.


Liam's quite the abstract artist. Don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. This is a really great idea! Too bad I am out of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, I may have to use it for Mother's Day gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! We did little painted wooden frames from the craft store for Christmas but I love this.

    ReplyDelete