Monday, February 25, 2013

outdoor outdoor fun (part two)

On Sunday, Liam and I were need of another outdoor adventure. So we set out on the Wildlife Loop in search of tatanka.



One of the unspoken rules on the Wildlife Loop is that you must pack an old loaf of bread or hot dog buns to feed the burrows (in spite of the "Do Not Feed the Animals" signs posted along the way). Unfortunately Liam and I are rule followers (and I forgot my loaf of bread at home), so these burrows were disappointed when they poked their heads inside our car. The burrows were Liam's least favorite part of the trip.  I heard a little "Thank you, Mommy" from the back seat as we pulled away.
 


On the way home, we stopped at one of the lakes for some exploring and playing on the campground play set. This was Liam's favorite part of the trip. Each time I asked him if he was cold, he responded "nope" or "uh uh."





I love how much this boy loves the outdoors. He definitely keeps me on my toes and makes me enjoy the area where we live so much more.



1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have all of this near you! What a great fun day!

    ReplyDelete