Sunday, February 10, 2013

Puddle Jumping + Some Things I Love About 21 Months




A few days ago, when I responded, "Oh, I don't know," after a coworker asked when we planned to have another baby, she said, "Yeah, that's right, you guys are approaching the terrible twos. Then, it's three..."

That, night as I watched Liam playing in the puddles forming outside our house, I realized I don't write enough about the things I love about this age.

+He LOVES doing laundry. The minute he hears me open the washing machine or the dryer, he's by my side waiting to put the wet clothes into the dryer.

+He says thank you. A lot. Sometimes he even tells himself "thank you."

+He says bless you. Sometimes (most of the time) he tells himself "bless you" when he sneezes. 

+He tells me "good job" when I turn the lights off.

+He's started to have an imagination. He climbs into my laundry basket and shouts, "It's a boat!"

+When I tell him I love him, he smacks his lips for a kiss.

+He loves being outside and has become quite the workout buddy. When all I want to do is sit on the couch, he drags his stroller into the living room, climbs inside, and says, "Bye, bye, Mommy."

I'm a pretty lucky Mama, for sure.



2 comments:

  1. So sweet! We get the baby question a lot too. That's why I try NEVER to ask other people about their reproductive plans haha. It definitely gets old when you are a woman of a certain child bearing age.

    He and Darwin would definitely be good friends. They both sound like little outdoorsmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This age is SO much fun! The terrible two's can be very trying, but focusing on the fun parts makes it all worth it! My babies are 4 years apart and I love it! My oldest was independent with a lot of things when Bailey was born which made life a lot easier. I have to agree with your entire list, but I need to add the trash and dishwasher to it!

    ReplyDelete