Monday, May 20, 2013

date day

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this on the blog, but Craig recently moved to a different lodge that's managed by the same company that he's been with for the past three years. It's a bigger lodge, which means more responsibilities and more time spent at work. It's been tough on all of us. Last week when Mae told me she'd be taking a few days off to go to her granddaughter's graduation from veterinary school, I was calm and cool on the outside, "Don't worry about us, Mae. You need to be at her graduation"(which I truly believe), but on the inside, I was thinking, "You couldn't have picked a worse time."


Fortunately, thanks to some helpful friends and coworkers, we only had to take a few hours off from work between the two of us. Liam spent Friday morning shopping for a new dinosaur with Craig and going out for "pizza pizza," and that afternoon, we checked out Dinosaur Park.

 
 
It's kind of funny to look back at this post from just under a year ago and think about how much Liam has changed since then. He was really excited about visiting the dinosaurs this time around, climbing on tails, saying things like "Dat Buddy? Ride choo choo?" (we had just been discussing how the orange T-Rex he bought with his dad that morning kind of looked like Buddy from Dinosaur Train), and singing, "Baaaby din-saurs" to the tune of "Somebody that I Used to Know" when it came over the speaker system at Office Max later that afternoon. 


 
P.S. My thoughts go out to all of the mamas and papas in OKC tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment